Navatics MITO, The Most Stable Underwater Drone That Makes Marine Photography Accessible for Everyday Consumers and Professionals Alike, Starts Mass Production
Remotely operated underwater vehicle brings 4K recording and 1080p livestreaming to consumers and professionals with advanced stabilization technology
[Las Vegas Jan 7th] Navatics, expert in underwater robotics, kicks off the mass production of Navatics MITO, a remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) equipped with advanced active stabilization technology that provides new levels of underwater video steadiness. Navatics is back for a third time at CES, preparing to collect more feedback for the next generation of MITO.
As the market for underwater drones is growing rapidly, Navatics MITO provides a professional-quality and easy-to-pilot underwater drone to videographers, divers, hobbyists, fishers, adventurers and conservationists for both personal and professional uses. You can see Navatics MITO in action and examples of its footage here.
“Our dedicated goal is to help hobbyist consumers and the professionals experience the marine world without limitation. And we know that only with continuous research and development the robotics can satisfy users’ growing needs,” said Andreas Widy, CEO of Navatics. “With two years of in-depth research and user feedbacks, Navatics MITO is now ready for mass production as a mature robotics that has been tested by users worldwide in every application field including underwater photography, diving, and cave exploration.”
An Underwater Look at Navatics MITO
The perfect companion for any underwater exploration, Navatics MITO is designed to fit airline specifications for carry-on luggage for easy transport, while also being highly maneuverable in any corner of the ocean. Navatics MITO is attached to a wireless communication buoy to transmit controls precisely and accurately to the drone deep underwater, where normal wireless controller signals can’t reach. The underwater drone boasts capabilities to capture 4K video at 30 fps and can be used to explore depths of up to 130 ft.
Leveraging Navactics’ advanced active stabilization algorithm, Navatics MITO can “hover” and keep its orientation even in complex underwater currents for up to four hours. Its four thrusters make it highly maneuverable and allow it to tilt up and down to 45-degree angles while maintaining its depth, heading and orientation at speeds of up to two meters per second (around 4 knots). Two 1000 lumen LED lights also give excellent vision and illumination underwater, providing better colors on video and images.
Navatics MITO is piloted by a remote controller which also has a grip for a smartphone. Through the accompanying mobile app available for both iOS and Android, users have flexibility to stream video up to 500 meters (1,640 ft.) away at 1080p resolution. In addition, the app has built-in tools for color correction and the ability to share images and video directly to social media. With Navatics MITO, both professional videographers and novices can capture and share beautiful content in moments.
The full specifications of Navatics MITO include:
- Components: Navatics MITO, a tether floatation and a remote controller
- Stability: Advanced four-axis active stabilization algorithm
- Weight: 3 kg / 6.6 lbs. (including battery)
- Dimensions: 360mm x 300mm x 135mm / 14” x 12” x 5”
- Mobility: Equipped with four thrusters enabling it to tilt up and down to 45° angles while holding its depth, heading and orientation
- Recording / Images: 4K video recording up to 30 fps (mp4) and 8 MP still images (JPEG)
- Video Transmission: 1080 HD at 30 fps live video within 500 m / 1640 ft. (powered by Senseplay)
- Storage: 64GB Micro SD card
- Depth: maximum 40 m / 135 ft.
- Tether Length: 50 m / 165 ft.
- Tether floatation: 4-hours runtime, equipped with solar panel to extend the duration of usage
- Speed: Up to 2 meters per second / 4 knots
- Interchangeable batteries: 80Wh, providing a minimum 2 hour run time
- Lighting: 2 1000 lumen LED lights
- App: Available for both iOS and Android
- Color Correction: Integrated into smartphone app for easy correction
- Social Sharing: Share directly to Instagram, Facebook and WeChat
Pricing & Availability
Navatics MITO is available for order on its official website at $1,999, which includes the drone with 4K camera, one battery, a remote controller that attaches to a smartphone, and a 50-meter (165 ft.) tether.
Navatics MITO will be exhibited in CES 2020, and attendees can find it at Tech East, LVCC, South Halls 1-2, Booth #26814 from Jan 7 to Jan 10. For more information visit: www.navatics.com.
Founded in 2016, Navatics Technology Ltd. is a passionate innovator making the most user-friendly underwater robots. Co-founded by engineers from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, the company believes in the power of underwater robotics to bridge the gap between the human and marine worlds to help everyone explore the vast oceans. Their first robot is Navatics MITO, a remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) equipped with an advanced active stabilization algorithm, allowing for new levels of steadiness for underwater video.